The structures visible today are the foundations of the so called L-shaped Temple, erected around 2700 B.C. It consists of several rooms and workshops built in the shape of the letter L. A section of charred stone at the entrance of the temple’s sacred court indicates that the temple was destroyed by fire, probably at the time of the Amorite invasions around 2300-1900 B.C.. Terracotta basins set in a bench of masonry at the entrance probably held water for ritual cleansing ceremonies. The name of the worshiped deity in this temple is still unknown.